There are a lot of questions around self-driving cars, some of which we tried to bring out in this month’s feature article. Are they good for our safety? For the environment? Are they worth the effort?
Those questions demand answers, which is why we’re asking the smartest people we know: you.
Leave your thoughts in the comments below or by submitting your own article, which we’ll publish in next month’s Insights.
Here are some of the issues we’re interested in hearing your thoughts on:
- Would you buy a self-driving car? Why or why not?
- What technological advances do we need to make for you to feel comfortable having self-driving cars on the road?
- Do you think an advanced computer could be a safer driver than a human being? Why or why not?
- Would we be better off investing money in improved public transit than in self-driving cars?
- Are there other advanced automobile technologies that are more important than self-driving cars, like improved safety measures, reducing carbon fuels, or improved efficiency?