This science lesson allows gifted high school students to debate issues regarding vaccination, developing argumentation skills and scientific knowledge, while increasing awareness of how to communicate thoughtfully and respectfully in social media settings.
How do you conduct a science debate using social media?
Share with us below!
- Time: 2 class periods
- Duke TIP Vaccination Debate Lesson Plan
- Duke TIP Vaccination Debate Preparation handout
- Duke TIP Vaccination Debate Rubric
- PBS Calling the Shots
- CDC Flu website
- Student access to Twitter using computer, mobile devices, or other devices
- Teacher access to Twitter and organization tool for Tweets, such as Tweetdeck
Leave a Reply